Thursday, September 2, 2010

No More Work!

Tuesday was my last day at work.  The good news, I am officially off unitl the baby comes and them some after that.  The bad news, I'm not eligible for maternity leave pay from the gov. here b/c I didn't work for 6 months (or rather my employer didn't contribute to Social Security for 6 months last year).  I'm a little freaked out b/c that means I won't get paid while I am off work but I am trying to do some stuff at home to make a little money.  I would have gotten paid or partially paid for 18 weeks if everything was fine with Social Insurance.  Sometimes I hate being a foreigner!

Other news, the crib we want is not in stock.  Actually it doesn't seem like they have many cribs here ready to sell.  They have a handful of models to look at, then you just go to the catalogue.  We're going to order it next week, it should be here at the end of October.  We just have to figure out where the little one will sleep before the crib arrives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment