Saturday, October 30, 2010

2 week birthday

Today is our little one's two week birthday. These two weeks have flown by but gone so slowly as well. It is hard to remember by big belly now. When I look down now I just see a little jiggly mess. I have lost about 15 pounds by now. The problem is I have no idea how much weight I actually put on. It was about 30 pounds from the time we first started fertility treatments until I gave birth but there were surgeries, pregnancies, etopic pregnancies and lots of fertility meds in those 14 months. I stopped getting on the scale. That's the small stuff though. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

All in all, things have been going well. We passed our hearing test, went out to dinner twice, went to the airport to pick up my dad (he's here for a week) and changed lots of diapers. Please tell me how something so small, that is breast fed can have so much poop and how it can be chunky.

Breastfeeding is going well. We occasionally take a few minutes to latch on but once were there were ready to go. I am very lucky. She doesn't cry much, only when she is hungry or needs to be changed or cold after taking a bath. Speaking of diapers and changing, she has a bad habit of peeing while you are changing her. I can't tell you how many outfits, diapers we have gone through. If you save the diaper, you get pee on the outfit and vice versa. If that's the worst of it then we are in good shape.

My dad came the other day for a week. It is so good to have him here. It's also nice for my mom to see him since she is here for 3 months and has been missing him.

I know that they say a baby can't smile but I swear she smiles at us all the time. It's the best thing ever, well besides watching my husband dote on her. That's priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't she the most precious thing in the world? It's a month later and I'm still just marveling over my lil' man. Ha on the pee! I can't tell you how many shirts of mine that he has managed to hit along with outfits, diapers, and the changing pad. He's even managed to projectile poop while we were changing him! :)

    ReplyDelete