Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Is that our little one?

If I have a unicorn uterus and am missing the left side of my uterus, why do the movements that I think are the baby on that side? The movements are about an inch above my pubic hair line and a about 2 inches off center (on the non uterus side).  Any suggestion?s  Is it not my baby?  It doesn't feel like round ligament pain at all but king of little jabs, they are a little painful and stop me in my tracks.  Some of them feel quite low like they are in my cervix.  I don't have gas and actually went to the bathroom today so I don't think it's that either.  It's only 12pm and I've already had two full trays of ice and there is a lot of movement.  After some research I found out that ice water wakes up the little one.  Go figure.  You think I would have put two and two together but pregnancy brain has kicked in full force. 

What do you think?  Could my half uterus be off center by that much?  Is it not the baby?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have any good answers but I did have pretty much the same thing happen and I always wondered about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad your IVF was successful and that your little one is growing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can try feeling for your uterus as it might have slid more that direction. I've started poking my stomach (child abuse!!!) and locating my uterus which completely fascinates me. :) No idea yet though if my little monster is kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, I had to pick something up from the clinic yesterday and talked to my Dr. She said that as my uterus grows, it moves towards the center. Who knew. I thought I was going to have a lopsided bump but I guess not.

    I've read about locating your uterus but honestly I don't know what I'm suppose to be feeling for. Does it just seem hard or can you actually feel the edges?

    ReplyDelete