Friday, June 18, 2010

Half Way There

On Tuesday, June 15th we officially made it to 20 weeks. That’s ½ to full term and 12 weeks away from our minimum of 32 week goal. While we are thrilled to have made it this far, the day before we were very rudely reminded that we are not in the clear. We were scheduled for a doctor’s appointment on Wed. but on Monday I didn’t feel well all day and by the time my husband came home I was in pain so he called the doctor and off we went.
Thankfully the baby still looks good and my cervix is still long (4cm) and didn’t move when the doctor pushed on the top of my uterus. She thinks I had a contraction and put me on magnesium to help prevent more. So far so good. She also told me to modify my diet as it could have been a digestive problem. I’m suppose to eat sick people’s food (boiled chicken, pasta, rice etc.) no salad which stinks because it is the one thing I really crave. I didn’t have a little last night I have to admit.

This little scare taught me that I shouldn’t get excited about the milestones as the end of the 1st trimester brought spotting, a blood clot, a night in the clinic and a week of bed rest. So, we will just be thankful for everyday we make it through and continue to pray that we will be blessed with a healthy little one at the end of this.

I want to send a thank you out into the universe to my husband for all his support through this journey. While he doesn’t have to undergo the physical aspects of it, like me, he has gone through the emotional side of it and lived through the daily joys, trials and tribulations. Not to mention becoming a pseudo-nurse in the process and taking on most of the everyday household chores. I think that the toll a pregnancy takes on the husband is often overlooked and when combined with infertility and all that goes along with it that toll is much, much larger. Those of you who have been through this know what I am talking about and know that unless you've been through this you can't completely understand it. So, a very special and big thank you to him! I am a very lucky lady.

Here are the latest pictures but given that I was very uncomfortable when the doctor was doing the ultrasound (s) she got only the info she needed and didn’t stick around to try to get the best shot.  We forgot to ask for them for the last 2 ultrasounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment