Friday, October 5, 2012

Back on the IVF train

Yes, I am a very bad blogger.  I am happy to see that many of the people I followed before are doing so well. 

My daughter is doing great, she will be 2 on the 16th.  Where does the time go?  She is such a joy.  I am very blessed to have her in our lives.

We have been trying since January to get pregnant.  I have consistently had cyst on both ovaries (1-3 inches) and it kept being put off.  We did go through with IVF in April and got negative results.  I had surgery the following month to let my doctor check things out again and she didn't see any problems.  She thought there might be scar tissue from the C Section or the myloma I had taken out after my daughters birth (a story for another day).

We are currently trying again.  I am 10 days past a 3 day transfer and go in for my blood test tomorrow.  My eggs have gone dramatically downhill in the last 2 years and I know longer have excellent eggs but failing ones.  We were able to get 10 last time, 5 fertilized but only one was good enough to transfer at day 3 (8 cell fractured).  Our fingers are crossed but we'll just wait and see.  In the meantime I'm going to continue to hold onto hope and count my blessings for my little girl.  I know how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment