Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Before I forget...

Last week while out celebrating our anniversary, my husband and I started talking about all the things that had happened to us in the past year. It is just about a year to the date that we first went to the doctor to discuss infertility. While I thought I would remember everything about this year and particularly about this pregnancy, I was surprised that we both had forgotten things. I don’t know if you put them out of your head because there is so much going on or that it’s easier to move forward if you aren’t constantly looking back. However, I do think it is amazing that we’ve put my body through so much and it’s still ticking and that my husband has become quite the nurse. The first time we sat in the doctor’s office he flat out said that he could not give me any injections. He hates needles and blood and I respected and accepted his decision. I wasn’t going to pressure him. However, for some reason he changed his mind immediately. I am so thankful because I gave myself a few shots and while it wasn’t horrible, it is so much better when someone else does it.



That being said, I’m going to try to go back in the next few weeks and capture some of those memories before I forget them. I’ve written a ton of blogs in my head late at night when I can’t sleep but I can’t seem to get pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard). Hopefully I will start doing a better job!

No comments:

Post a Comment